Kayaking and BBQ!

Brock Landers

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

What is that a lemon shark?  I've only seen one shark in my life snorkeling but it was basically a pet that went and hid in a cave.  I dove down to take pictures while the rest swam to the boat in fear.  The waves were too rough and it was too deep though. A bull shark, great white, or tiger would have had me swimming for my life like the rest.

Yep it was a lemon shark. Took a boat out to some island covered in iguanas.  One of the boat crew who was walking around w us said it probably wasn’t dangerous (and I was on shrooms) so said fuck it and walked right next to it. 

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

absolutely

had a friend with a brain tumor that died at age 11... had another friend with spina bifida that was confined to a wheelchair and in constant pain

half the world's population lives on less than $6/day

that's fucked

according to my calculations I make $60 a day

$25/hour

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i would think the "embarassment" of being given crayons is still far less than the embarassment of going all over the news making a big deal about it

OH NO!  someone thought i was younger than i am!  happens in every bar and restaurant in the country, checking id of people

What would be more appropriate for the waitress, bringing him a high chair or a phone book?

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

What would be more appropriate for the waitress, bringing him a high chair or a phone book?

well i think the appropriate thing upon check-in is for the little person to declare his intentions, and what would make him the most comfortable

similar to when i would go out with a disabled friend... not saying that dwarfism is necessarily a disability, but the us govt recognizes it as such

5 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i would also say (sadly) that almost all people of strange shapes and sizes, or wheelchair bound, refuse to eat in restaurants because of the stares or pity

just trying to eat a sandwich and some jackass will always say something like "it's so nice that someone like you can get out of the house"

Certainly hasn't slowed  Landers down.

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

i would also say (sadly) that almost all people of strange shapes and sizes, or wheelchair bound, refuse to eat in restaurants because of the stares or pity

just trying to eat a sandwich and some jackass will always say something like "it's so nice that someone like you can get out of the house"

You never had the pleasure of dining at a federal building cafeteria...

Because of the recognition of that disability the feds hire many. At VA we didn't have any because we mostly hired Vets. FBI and ATF have height requirements for agents.

But upstairs at IRS, State and SSA they were well represented. 

9 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

Imagine being Vern Troyer on a daily basis.  Yeah you’re a person like all the rest of us, but you know everybody is staring at you constantly and it’s gotta be hard to ever have a true friend or lover.  On the reverse end it was the same with Andre the Giant.  Troyer drank himself to death by suicide and Andre drank non stop because he knew he was dying anyways but just wanted to be normal and not stared at everywhere he went.  Brock is just a chosen loser.  Troyer and Andre never had a chance.

12 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

well i think the appropriate thing upon check-in is for the little person to declare his intentions, and what would make him the most comfortable

similar to when i would go out with a disabled friend... not saying that dwarfism is necessarily a disability, but the us govt recognizes it as such

Brock collects disability for dwarfism.

4 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Imagine being Vern Troyer on a daily basis.  Yeah you’re a person like all the rest of us, but you know everybody is staring at you constantly and it’s gotta be hard to ever have a true friend or lover.  On the reverse end it was the same with Andre the Giant.  Troyer drank himself to death by suicide and Andre drank non stop because he knew he was dying anyways but just wanted to be normal and not stared at everywhere he went.  Brock is just a chosen loser.  Troyer and Andre never had a chance.

delivering sacks of burgers across the campus that you graduated from. then pretending to smile as the hot chicks laugh at you is losing bigly