I’m rocking a big beard now

sleepy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, WVU said:

you used to be pretty fast.  5:05 mile and 19:20 5k for me this year.  I keep battling injuries every 3 months or so.  Getting old sucks

Lifting and yoga have helped me a ton with injury prevention and recovery.

I'm not a runner though.  I lift and play basketball.  Although, I run a 7:30 mile (8 MPH) on the treadmill six days a week for warmup.

23 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Lifting and yoga have helped me a ton with injury prevention and recovery.

I'm not a runner though.  I lift and play basketball.  Although, I run a 7:30 mile (8 MPH) on the treadmill six days a week for warmup.

I do some lifting but I'm not a fan of yoga.  I need to just slow it down a bit, but my legs want to go fast.  I stopped running father than 3.1 miles and that has helped.  I do stretch before and after but probably not enough.  7:30 miles are pretty damn good for a non runner.  I doubt anyone else here can run much faster

8 minutes ago, WVU said:

I do some lifting but I'm not a fan of yoga.  I need to just slow it down a bit, but my legs want to go fast.  I stopped running father than 3.1 miles and that has helped.  I do stretch before and after but probably not enough.  7:30 miles are pretty damn good for a non runner.  I doubt anyone else here can run much faster

I take a yoga class at Lifetime Fitness called Surrender that's a Yin yoga class with deep stretches.  Seems to help me.

Most of the other yoga classes are more of exercise/cardio classes than anything and I'd agree that those are pretty much worthless.

• 2 weeks later...