What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched a lot of it this tourney, it was great, the crowds are not small(at all), they are loud and the golf is very good with far more big names than you'll find at most PGA events.

They dont have few sponsors they have NO sponsors, no commercials at all during the broadcast, I think the on camera analysis is good(david ferhety is top notch) and virtually everything about it is superior.

Did you watch any of it? That is my question.

I agree that I dont understand why they dont get a tv outlet - it seems to me they could get any channel at all - a shopping channel if needed this first year.

The pgatour is pretty much copying everything they do.  Tiger and Rory supposedly have the their own tour they’re working on too.  Everything they’re spending now to get players is nothing more than a drop in the bucket for them.  

It’s the first year, and all the tv stuff is probably on it’s way next year.  No network would sign up to broadcast a league with no guranteed players.  That’s all set now.  I think they’re here to stay.

I don’t care about the politics of either tour.  I say make every tournament as close to the WMPO as possible, which LIV is trending more towards.

They allowed shorts this weekend, took some getting used to but that wears off fast. As far as the TV goes, they need to get on cable/sat - period, there's 150 channels, someone would put them on for free hoping to get 500K viewers.

I'm honest when I say today's tourney was the most exciting golf iv'e seen in years. it went to a playoff with lots of drama, DJ rammed the winning putt in for eagle from long range to win.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

They allowed shorts this weekend, took some getting used to but that wears off fast. As far as the TV goes, they need to get on cable/sat - period, there's 150 channels, someone would put them on for free hoping to get 500K viewers.

I'm honest when I say today's tourney was the most exciting gold iv'e seen in years. it went to a playoff with lots of drama, DJ rammed the winning putt in for eagle from long range to win.

You’re kind of reaching here.  I saw the hole out.  It was good but I’ve had more 50k plus wins in golf that were way more exciting than that.  Even recently Will the Thrill’s battle vs Sepp was cooler drama.

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

You’re kind of reaching here.  I saw the hole out.  It was good but I’ve had more 50k plus wins in golf that were way more exciting than that.  Even recently Will the Thrill’s battle vs Sepp was cooler drama.

that was just the win, it was the build up that made the viewing. I love the shotgun start with everyone playing all the time. On the PGA  the last hour there's only 8-10 players and you dont see action, with LIV they show constant action, far more actual shots, less pre shot boring routines.

All you have to do is watch it and you'll see. the next tourney is in 2 weeks in chicago.

45 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Financially back by a serial killer. Supported by some of the most inhumane rich people of the world. Phil Mickelson is a multi million dollar rat. Money is all that matters to LIV employees.  Just a peek. 

Yet the pgatour has sponsors of their tournaments that do 40 billion worth of business a year with the Saudis.  The only difference is the pgatour hogged all the money.  I don’t care about LIV vs pgatour one way or the other but that argument is beyond hypocritical.  

Anything more golf wise I can gamble on the better too!

Supposedly they're also entertaining the idea of entrance music for golfers.  Fittingly enough the rumors are that the DX theme is what some are going with.  I think they're getting a little too goofy, and again should just make every tournament a party like the WMPO atmosphere.  They're sort of doing that, but also doing stuff that won't fly long term on tv for golf, and they need to get a network by next year for this to really kick off.  They're already loaded with talent for the league size they were shooting for.  Time to make it real and worth it for everybody that joined and the fans to watch.

6 hours ago, RudyRuder said:

Relax tough guy

Every job has a salary from where you work flipping burgers up to all other professional sports.

Finally golf does as well

No shit Sherlock.  Not every job is paid by a billionaire serial killer.  Work for LIV you work for a billionaire serial killer.  To each their own.

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

No shit Sherlock.  Not every job is paid by a billionaire serial killer.  Work for LIV you work for a billionaire serial killer.  To each their own.

What’s the difference between being paid by the Saudi’s to play golf in their league, vs playing for the pgatour who depends on sponsors to fund their tour and those sponsors do 40 billion of business a year with the Saudis?  They’re involved either way.  If it was really an issue the pgatour would have never let any sponsor fund a tournament that had any business dealings with the evil Saudis.  Instead they gladly did business and took the money and tournaments and doted out a prize purse of their choosing.  The Saudis are just paying them more.

If you really believe every last one of these golfers viewed it as “yeah I’ll just take the blood money” with sponsors and PR people advising then you’re nuts.  I prefer the pgatour and 4 rounds and the way it’s always been but I don’t fault Greg Norman for trying this out or any golfer for going.

Ive been around golf all of my life

I think the PGAtour ruined golf. They monopolized every other country/area with their own tour, weeding out any competition

go check Hooters Tour and how well it was doing........nothing like that exists any more

Canada tour, latino, asian, hell even the goddamn euro tour is now ran by the HOLY pga tour????????

fukkin morons like bigrunner thinks he is saving the world by backing the pgatour

• 5 months later...

World #34 Thomas Pieters, Danny Lee, and Brendan Steele to LIV.

It looks like their team model is to go for a global reach by having global teams kind of like the Ryder Cup and World Cup where each country roots for their own. All the Aussies are on the same team, all the South Africans on the same team, all Spanish and Mexicans on the same team, all South Americans on the same team, etc.  They need to get real and play 4 rounds but other than that this league is awesome.  Every week is a party like the WMPO.