What am I missing with LIV golf?

Shavencoinpurse

Also none of that money from the team win goes into their pocket anymore.  Last year was a freebie.  They idea is that the money goes to the team to build up the net worth of the team to pay for travel and dining and trainers and stuff, with the hopes that a sponsor takes over paying 25% or so and eventually buys them outright for 100 million for each team.  That’s what I’ve read as their plan to make money along with everything else.  But it definitely isn’t just pocketed anymore.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I watched last night until the rain started pouring and it was expected to be a long delay.  They only had 5 holes left.

Meanwhile the PGA had a dud of a tournament where the 2 pre-tourney betting favs were in the final group.  No drama or anything interesting at all of somebody locking up their tour card for next year.

Finau won just under 1.4 million.  Gooch has won 8 million in 2 weeks.

The delay lasted only 1 hr 10 min, it was pretty amusing, they delayed it because of lightening in the area(there was very little), as soon as they started there was near constant rumbling of thunder - not that far away, no one said a word except bubba, who was seen looking up and commenting about all the lightening bolts. It is the tropics and they get storms almost every afternoon, I dont think it ever rained on the golf course.

I guess no one wanted to come back in the morning. :mutley

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Almost triple the amount of fans vs the Byron Nelson Championship and separated by just 1 state worth of local fans.

I'm mr golf, i love watching golf, but I just cant watch the PGA most tourneys like I used to, all nobodies and never was's, Yea, the LIV has a lot of older guys but I have strong opinions about almost all of them, some you like, some you hate, some are fun to watch, etc, the PGA is not watchable anymore.

13 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I'm mr golf, i love watching golf, but I just cant watch the PGA most tourneys like I used to, all nobodies and never was's, Yea, the LIV has a lot of older guys but I have strong opinions about almost all of them, some you like, some you hate, some are fun to watch, etc, the PGA is not watchable anymore.

That’s a stupid take.  Not much different than the anti-LIV crowd when it’s just the same golfers they smiled seeing on their tv’s every weekend as long as they were on the CBS or NBC PGA tour broadcast.  However their designated events are still exciting as are some of the other prestigious ones.  LIV is doing a great job at showing how uninteresting far too many of the non-designated event weeks of the PGA fields can be though by hosting tournaments against those weeks.

Both are cool and just golf at the end of the day.  One is old school golf clap and strictly US and historical based, while the other is Happy Gilmore like and global.  Nothing wrong with either.

Lol great product with at least twice the amount of fans attending vs the Byron Nelson.  Most view on the app anyways vs live.  Not sure if it was just pulled in a dump like Cleveland or all over, but who cares when’s being watched on apps anyways.  Honestly hardly anyone was probably watching any golf this weekend on tv with nice weather and Mother’s Day.  

Trump National in D.C. in 2 weeks should be a blast with way more people there vs the Charles Schwab the week after a major when nobody worth watching plays, but it’s Memorial Day weekend so probably another one where nobody watches either tour.

On 5/12/2023 at 10:08 PM, Gmcarroll33 said:

That’s a stupid take.  Not much different than the anti-LIV crowd when it’s just the same golfers they smiled seeing on their tv’s every weekend as long as they were on the CBS or NBC PGA tour broadcast.  However their designated events are still exciting as are some of the other prestigious ones.  LIV is doing a great job at showing how uninteresting far too many of the non-designated event weeks of the PGA fields can be though by hosting tournaments against those weeks.

Both are cool and just golf at the end of the day.  One is old school golf clap and strictly US and historical based, while the other is Happy Gilmore like and global.  Nothing wrong with either.

Tell us again how unc hoops championship and drake maye heisman

7 minutes ago, Deemer said:

Tell us again how unc hoops championship and drake maye heisman

Weren’t you allegedly such a broke loser that you couldn’t pay back a measily debt or loan for a disgraceful amount of time?  You might wanna shut up a little if so.  I assume you got to that point by nothing but losers gambling.

(btw Drake was prob over 60/1 when I started that and got all the way down to about 6/1 at one point, and I also never said UNC was winning the natty in bball this year dummy).

31 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Weren’t you allegedly such a broke loser that you couldn’t pay back a measily debt or loan for a disgraceful amount of time?  You might wanna shut up a little if so.  I assume you got to that point by nothing but losers gambling.

(btw Drake was prob over 60/1 when I started that and got all the way down to about 6/1 at one point, and I also never said UNC was winning the natty in bball this year dummy).

Lol, you’re a ghost, pal. Post under your real handle.

you seem tilted. 

let me get a pen and paper and scribble down some unc notes…

idk what’s worse, LIV golf or your unc takes

1 minute ago, Deemer said:

Lol, you’re a ghost, pal. Post under your real handle.

you seem tilted. 

let me get a pen and paper and scribble down some unc notes…

idk what’s worse, LIV golf or your unc takes

No ghost dude.  I lurked here before I posted.  I’m pretty saw that you couldn’t pay debts back bc you had no money and apparently can’t gamble on sports to save your life.  You seem titled to be reminded of your failures at gambling is all.  Don’t worry, you’re in good company.  Brock and OneFooter are losers at life that suck at sports betting too.

Yeah starting a thread of a dude above 60/1 that gets down to 6/1 with 4 weeks left is really embarrassing.

38 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Before you come at me, why don’t you reread your thread where you made excuse after excuse for Maye and told everyone unc hoops would be fine come march. How’d that work?

Feel free to keep blabbering about LIV, but don’t come at Deemer

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

No ghost dude.  I lurked here before I posted.  I’m pretty saw that you couldn’t pay debts back bc you had no money and apparently can’t gamble on sports to save your life.  You seem titled to be reminded of your failures at gambling is all.  Don’t worry, you’re in good company.  Brock and OneFooter are losers at life that suck at sports betting too.

Yeah starting a thread of a dude above 60/1 that gets down to 6/1 with 4 weeks left is really embarrassing.

Lol, yeah, if you’re believing TeddyStiffGB,

you’re a real sharp. 

11 minutes ago, Deemer said:

Before you come at me, why don’t you reread your thread where you made excuse after excuse for Maye and told everyone unc hoops would be fine come march. How’d that work?

Feel free to keep blabbering about LIV, but don’t come at Deemer

Dude aren’t you Chinese or some shit and a Biden voter from Cleveland?  Nobody takes that remotely seriously.  I didn’t say one word to you tonight until you started it.

Again where are all your winnings from fading UNC from 2023?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks like another good showing for LIV at Valderrama .  Course is playing tough as expected too.  GL to the US coverage though being 8 hours behind or whatever.  I'm sure all the anti-LIV tards cant wait to point to that, 

I turned it on and there was 1 hole to go.  Bummer.  Great tour and idea for professional golf that is going nowhere.  A much better fan experience without question.