TIF. The insurance forum. Pissed off, need advice.

IAG

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

100% accurate.

If your driving record is good they beat everyone, if it isn't don't bother calling them...

Ummm

......................been with AAA and Geico for 12+ years each and didnt realize this.............will be shocked if AAA beats Geico

If motivated, will try to find out before the new year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, IAG said:

Will do.  That is exactly what I wanted to do, but Farmers wouldn’t let me. 

Farmers doesn’t put exclusions on their policies.  Geico does.  Sometimes.  But your rate doesn’t always go down because they are not dumb.

where is TTP when we need him!

2 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

Ummm

......................been with AAA and Geico for 12+ years each and didnt realize this.............will be shocked if AAA beats Geico

If motivated, will try to find out before the new year.

The best part is not having to spend 30 minutes on the phone with each insurance carrier when shopping for quotes.

AAA does the legwork for you.

4 hours ago, mikeman said:

i dont think i would just lie to them after they already flagged it - better to switch ins co's and not mention it. I have one ticket on my record for another 6 months or so - I dont think my ins ever went up, if it did I barely noticed it, hard to believe 2 tickets would double the rates without DUI's, etc.

Agree.   They will ask though.  I signed up on that Gabi  site and they asked.   I went with him to DMV and pulled his MVR.  Two speeding tickets in Colorado.  no DUIs or anything else.    $493 every six month increase….already increased when I moved from East River due to more hail claims here. 

9 minutes ago, IAG said:

Agree.   They will ask though.  I signed up on that Gabi  site and they asked.   I went with him to DMV and pulled his MVR.  Two speeding tickets in Colorado.  no DUIs or anything else.    $493 every six month increase….already increased when I moved from East River due to more hail claims here. 

I dont know if you got a response yet but you'll get 3-5 quotes/e mails from different co's, I'm 95% sure you'll get a better deal.

s

Just now, IAG said:

I didn’t finish the app yet as want sure how to answer and then had appointment…I will finish tomorrow.

Does he have his drivers license with your address? is that how they caught on?  i wouldn't say he lives with you, just claim you have an off and on relationship so he doesn't really live there 100% of the time.

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

That's crazy, both of us have a speed without any raise in rates, i understand 2 might be a little more but not twice.

I had two really crazy speeding tickets that don’t even show on my MVR that I just checked.  I thought it was because they were both out of state, but so were his.  Mine do show up online on one of those weird reputation sites.  No idea. Mine never affected my rates either.

16 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

I get all my speeding tickets reduced to parking violations or something similar here in Nevada through my lawyer.

Only average one or so every 18 months

1975 Dad crosses the Nevada state line doing 120 in a Pontiac Catalina full of kids and a sleeping wife.

Gets pulled over soon after, signs the speeding ticket and asks the trooper where the courthouse is.

We drive directly to the courthouse and Dad appears before the judge and says, "Your Honor, I would never drive that fast with my wife and children in the car".

Judge says, "Dismissed".

Life lesson right there, deny everything...

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

1975 Dad crosses the Nevada state line doing 120 in a Pontiac Catalina full of kids and a sleeping wife.

Gets pulled over soon after, signs the speeding ticket and asks the trooper where the courthouse is.

We drive directly to the courthouse and Dad appears before the judge and says, "Your Honor, I would never drive that fast with my wife and children in the car".

Judge says, "Dismissed".

Life lesson right there, deny everything...

✔️

18 hours ago, mikeman said:

I dont know if you got a response yet but you'll get 3-5 quotes/e mails from different co's, I'm 95% sure you'll get a better deal.

s

They only gave me one quote and it was from Travelers..200+ a month.  I called Progressive.  $851 per six months,  but 250/500k instead of 500k/500k     Do I need/should I have 500/500?    250 is highest they go. 

5 hours ago, Teddy kgb said:

Mercury is super cheap and does a great job, I have my home and auto with them….wife totaled two cars, son got into two fender benders and both people sued, my daughter and I also got in accidents that were our fault….

They were always pleasant and handled everything, rates barely went up.

Never heard of them but googled.    Don’t worry.  Doesn’t sound like this could have applied to you

https://www.insurance.ca.gov/0400-news/0100-press-releases/2022/release055-2022.cfm