• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

BGS, and other Floridians affected….

A couple of co-workers received $700 in FEMA assistance using this link:

http://www.disasterassistance.gov/

$700 doesn’t go very far, but might help if one was affected. They said it took about 6 days to hit their bank accounts…

Brock trying frantically to figure a way to scam a few payments from this. 

On 10/12/2022 at 9:09 AM, mikeman said:

I have a couple questions for you boys down in FL, is this the same gap, and how could they do it so quick?

I made it down to the reconstructed Pine Island Bridge today. Went to the foot of the bridge on the Cape Coral side. It’s a bit less rosy than DeSantis made it out to be.

Bridge can only support 40,000 tons at one time. So they weigh each vehicle, check id’s, then allow 40k tons worth at a time to cross. Then again, etc etc. Traffic backed up for an hour or so, I’d estimate.

I made it down to the reconstructed Pine Island Bridge today. Went to the foot of the bridge on the Cape Coral side. It’s a bit less rosy than DeSantis made it out to be.

Bridge can only support 40,000 tons at one time. So they weigh each vehicle, check id’s, then allow 40k tons worth at a time to cross. Then again, etc etc. Traffic backed up for an hour or so, I’d estimate.

You sure about that number? Most cars weigh 1 ton,  - lets say 2 for safety, that would mean it could handle 20,000 cars at a time?  If it's 40,000 lbs(20 tons) that would mean it could handle roughly 20 vehicles at a time.

I take it's a temporary bridge that'll be replaced later.

I’m pretty sure the sign said 40k tons, but I could be mistaken. It’s mostly huge trucks going over. I should’ve snapped a pic.

I didn’t go over the bridge, so don’t know how Pine Island looked. Cape Coral wasn’t bad. Gas stations open, stores open, etc

A huge truck could weigh 10 tons by itself, maybe way more, would you say there were lots of vehicles on it? Dozens at a time, or just a handful?