Florida hurricane destruction comes into view

Brock Landers

7 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Wasn’t it 2 MPH under a cat 5 when it hit Ft Meyers?

That's what they said, so they said it had 154 MPH "sustained" winds - with higher gusts, the highest gust I've seen was around 135 - that's one gust. Most other peak gusts were in the area of 115-120, so there were no SUSTAINED winds anywhere near what they said , i doubt it was sustained anywhere over 100-105.

100MPH winds are very strong and we can see what they do, but why lie? Why pretend it was a cat 4 when it wasn't?

They have changed the historical definition of a hurricane(sustained winds at the surface) to wind measurements at 10-15K feet, which are meaningless.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

That's what they said, so they said it had 154 MPH "sustained" winds - with higher gusts, the highest gust I've seen was around 135 - that's one gust. Most other peak gusts were in the area of 115-120, so there were no SUSTAINED winds anywhere near what they said , i doubt it was sustained anywhere over 100-105.

100MPH winds are very strong and we can see what they do, but why lie? Why pretend it was a cat 4 when it wasn't?

They have changed the historical definition of a hurricane(sustained winds at the surface) to wind measurements at 10-15K feet, which are meaningless.

70+ dead, will end up higher.

Property damage in the billions 

But it was no big deal

You complete fucking dipshit 

4 hours ago, mikeman said:

I went to mcdonalds yesterday to get my free big mac - as I waited for my order another woman was waiting as well, finally her order came up and the crew said "door dash"? - she said yes and took the bag, i felt so sorry for her.  Just cant imagine doing that for a few lousy bucks.

why they have good bonuses on door dash.  did it once they gave me a crazy $200 sign up bonus for 5 deliveries.  those 5 deliveries took 1.5 hours and I made over $250.  every weekend they send me a $200 bonus for 25 deliveries but I ain't doing it.  Felt like a fackin nagger doing that shit.

13 minutes ago, D-Hustle said:

why they have good bonuses on door dash.  did it once they gave me a crazy $200 sign up bonus for 5 deliveries.  those 5 deliveries took 1.5 hours and I made over $250.  every weekend they send me a $200 bonus for 25 deliveries but I ain't doing it.  Felt like a fackin nagger doing that shit.

I didn't know they make that much, i assume if you were a regular they wouldn't be so generous? Doesn't seem like a sustainable business model  - that bonus is $8 per delivery(plus the reg rate right?), no way the restaurants are paying doordash that much so they have to be losing money.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

I didn't know they make that much, i assume if you were a regular they wouldn't be so generous? Doesn't seem like a sustainable business model  - that bonus is $8 per delivery(plus the reg rate right?), no way the restaurants are paying doordash that much so they have to be losing money.

ive posted illionois gov stats on uber eats. they take home $12.70/hr when factoring in gas and wear and tear. biden fuked them by passing a national law saying they are not official employees. the bonuses they threw at wade just shows you how desperate they are for suckers to beat the living daylights out of their cars 

37 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I am the eternal bubbling fountain of truth.

Those seeking knowledge...come to me and all may drink.

Not really, but you do have some good takes on certain things, and I actually think you are an ok dude

The one thing you don’t know though is Florida hurricanes.  As much as you sit in front of your tv or whatever and consistently downplay what you consider a “rain storm”, actual damage is done to certain areas and that is indisputable 

1 minute ago, BGS 9.5 said:

Not really, but you do have some good takes on certain things, and I actually think you are an ok dude

The one thing you don’t know though is Florida hurricanes.  As much as you sit in front of your tv or whatever and consistently downplay what you consider a “rain storm”, actual damage is done to certain areas and that is indisputable 

Once again, i dont downplay them, I state that the weather forecasters are lying about their intensity, probably for several reasons, drama, ratings, to  supposedly save lives if they can scare people.

If Ian was a cat 4 we should have seen winds of the intensity they claimed, wasn't even close, not even in the right zip code.

Just now, BGS 9.5 said:

You are missing the point. It doesn’t matter what the media says, right or wrong. It doesn’t change the fact that there was major damage. Do you think for one minute the people affected cared if it was a category 1 2 or 3 because the news said otherwise? 

i see old white ppl who can barely shop for food here in florida all the time. literally can barely move. their roof rips off with a cat 3 and they dont have power for a while they are done. its why 85+ has the highest suicide rates, they just cant do it anymore and ppl leave them all alone to party

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

The media exaggerates all weather events to support their global warning hysteria. 

The victims on the ground are the unfortunate pawns in their game.

or maybe it takes time and money to plan a $1500 trip to northern georgia on short notice. ft myers had no clue it was going to hit them until about 24 hours before it did. some ppl are stuck cause they cant just leave everything with a slim chance it wil hit them 

21 minutes ago, BGS 9.5 said:

You are missing the point. It doesn’t matter what the media says, right or wrong. It doesn’t change the fact that there was major damage. Do you think for one minute the people affected cared if it was a category 1 2 or 3 because the news said otherwise? 

I care. truth matters.

11 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

or maybe it takes time and money to plan a $1500 trip to northern georgia on short notice. ft myers had no clue it was going to hit them until about 24 hours before it did. some ppl are stuck cause they cant just leave everything with a slim chance it wil hit them 

The death toll is not very high - last I heard maybe 40, i would guess many of them are not true storm deaths - things like heart attacks while removing debris - they count all that stuff.

Apparently they're saying there were a dozen or more in the carolinas, which is silly, prob auto accidents, etc.

A lot of inland flooding. Zolfo Springs, Arcadia, Ona, Wauchulla. A lot of road closures in that area due to floods. No power as of earlier today. Those rural roads are a mess.

Also heard a little while ago that Kissimmee is opening another shelter, in addition to the one at Silver Spurs event center, due to rising flood waters.