Florida hurricane destruction comes into view

Brock Landers

33 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Hardy is showing only 23 customers out(out of 9500), desoto shows 42 out (out of 15600 total).

No way. I’ve driven through these counties every day since 10/1. Hardee and DeSoto is mostly dark.

But they have made HUGE strides. Traffic lights and businesses slowly coming on line.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

No way. I’ve driven through these counties every day since 10/1. Hardee and DeSoto is mostly dark.

But they have made HUGE strides. Traffic lights and businesses slowly coming on line.

I think yesterday both were still maybe 10-15% out, maybe it's back on today?

7 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

Could be. That would be great. Those counties are inland, farm-type areas, so there’s nothing out there for them. They’re trying to set up a resource center in Zolfo Springs (Hardee Co), but they’ve been unable to get it powered up.

Let us know what's really going on, you're down there, we aren't.

The relief center they are setting up in Zolfo is being housed in a produce warehouse. It has no running water yet. Staff has been there since 10/02 with no power, no  bathrooms, and sleep in their cars. They have cots there, but since it’s in the middle of farmland, there’s a lot of creepy crawlers. And they’ve been eating mostly MRE’s.

That’s serious dedication.

6 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

You might have been right. Got word they are demobilizing the Zolfo Springs facility before it even got operational. Must be getting way better down there…

Morning report shows only 21K out. A couple thousand of this total are nowhere near the hurricane area - normal random outages the occur.

image.thumb.png.363fbd7de898cae9808740e46bec35ca.png

2 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

paid 7700 for this camper last month. could likely sell it for 9700 right now and it would sell in craigslist in a week. was already a huge sellers market last month, now the camper stores must be raking it in 

yea, i would imagine a ton of people are looking to live in campers while their ins and rebuilding takes place.

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

yea, i would imagine a ton of people are looking to live in campers while their ins and rebuilding takes place.

huge buyers market in NH as ppl are selling with the economy and getting rid of them for the winter. could easily buy one cash $6k there transport it and sell it here for $9k or more

just need a truck 

9 minutes ago, mikeman said:

My brother is big into camping, he's now planning on spending 2-3 months during the winter down south so he upgraded to a bigger camper, he sold his roughly 5 yr old one for more than he paid for it.

i think id try it if i could fly up to NH and rent a truck. then tow it back. but i dont think you can tow campers with uhauls not even for a fee

at this point its actually worth it. i think. if i could use a family members truck. gas is like $3.50. dont need a hotel

problem is insurance. do they sell month long policies?

i could go up there with $6k, after about $1k max of travel costs, registration. could sell it here $9500 at least