Sold my house and quit my job

BGS 9.5

35 minutes ago, mikeman said:

In mn we have a plan called Mn care, basically if you're poor you get very cheap medical. Even if you're not that poor the affordable care act means you get huge credits to buy coverage - either way I'd pay less than $100/month. The key is it's all based on taxable income - so while I have a lot of money from IRA's and 401K rollovers, much of it is not taxable. This means i can manipulate my income and make sure I'm just poor enough to get the coverage I want.

For instance if I take money out for living expenses from my 401K rollover it's taxable, But from my roth IRA it is not. with proper planning I not only pay little or no taxes but get dirt cheap ins as well.

Then we have the pandemic, which means the idiot govt wasted trillions in various programs, because of that my already low cost monthly ins payment of $60-80 has been waived for the last 2 years, so I'm paying nothing.

As far as the ACA/obamacare us concerned, they have the different tiers of coverage(gold/silver/bronze) ranging from pretty crappy to ok with huge premium differences.  The bottom line is you can make decent money when retired(50-60)k and still get big enough tax credits to get coverage for very little -$100/month.

Thanks! I currently pay 119 for 600 deductible and 600 out of pocket...Will research further for SC...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, BGS 9.5 said:

I remember you saying you went to the Briar Patch for breakfast a while back and it cost like 3 digits for breakfast.  They are lined up outside the door everyday.  

I thought I saw it all when I took my brother and SIL to Another Broken Egg and spent $75 lol 

That’s crazy how busy those places get. My wife and kid said Chicken Guy has great breakfast. Guy Fieri’s place. I’ve only been to the one in Disney Springs, but the Winter Park location has a drive through and breakfast.

8 hours ago, mikeman said:

I thought it was cheap to live in FL? I understand that wages are usually lower than the national avg but thought living standards were low as well?

To a degree. Obviously no state income tax is a plus, and I don’t personally consider property taxes awful. I don’t like the fact part goes to fund things like schools (no kids here) but that’s not the end of the world either

What IS expensive is dining/drinking/etc, but Orlando is kinda the fun capital of the country so one has to be ok with that if you plan to live here  

will definately be getting out of here when I decide to buy next though 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2022 at 1:44 PM, FairWarning said:

Nice to see you around.  

Thanks...You are a good dude...Just signed up again...Have no job as of now,nor do I need one...But to be safe I called and a rep from gov. and they guided me thru the process and now instead of paying 120 or so I am now paying 7 fucking dollars...Yep 7 fucking dollars a month for no deductible and 1400.00 max per year out of pocket with no job...No need to wonder why the spics from South America continue to come here...

11 minutes ago, Buster said:

Thanks...You are a good dude...Just signed up again...Have no job as of now,nor do I need one...But to be safe I called and a rep from gov. and they guided me thru the process and now instead of paying 120 or so I am now paying 7 fucking dollars...Yep 7 fucking dollars a month for no deductible and 1400.00 max per year out of pocket with no job...No need to wonder why the spics from South America continue to come here...

It's crazy how they just hand out freebies, some here think we're abusing the system if we take what we can get. If america is handing out everything to illegals i'll take my share as well. F em.