housepicks

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dingo said:

Not sure if you need  a nutrition value on your labels but I use to have a program that did it,Yanks gave me his ingredients and I got my staff to print one out for him.Unfortunately I sold it with my business 

I’ll have to look into that. Not sure I need that out of the gates but it would certainly help to look legit.

4 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Make a video pitch and post it on the forum and we can do a TGF shark tank and see if we can rattle out an investor or two for you pal 

People use to call me a dream killer,multiple times people wanted to rent a portion of my shop and when l heard their business plan,I turned them down.

I did sublease,twice.To a samosa maker,she lasted about 5 years and then to an organic caterer.The organic caterer hit the market at the right time and she survived and was eventually was able to sell her business 

Had many people waste my time approaching me without a business plan and/or underfunded 

My saying is it’s easy to cook one package of Kraft dinner but try cooking a 100 and having them come out consistent

6 minutes ago, Dingo said:

People use to call me a dream killer,multiple times people wanted to rent a portion of my shop and when l heard their business plan,I turned them down.

I did sublease,twice.To a samosa maker,she lasted about 5 years and then to an organic caterer.The organic caterer hit the market at the right time and she survived and was eventually was able to sell her business 

Had many people waste my time approaching me without a business plan and/or underfunded 

My saying is it’s easy to cook one package of Kraft dinner but try cooking a 100 and having them come out consistent

Im just toying with the idea. There are a million salsas out there, how many people are gonna think it’s as good as I do. I’ll probably make 50 jars and reassess, then quit. 

16 minutes ago, Dingo said:

Makes sense, get back to the table pal. Red has been getting smacked around so much we’re about to change his name to Chris Rock :laugh 

Hard to make it for the ‘little guy’….too many kick backs…

Home Depot’s here used to have a hot dog guy out front of every store, they lasted about 18mo and gone….I ran across  one guy and asked him why he no longer posted up there as it was always packed…

He said all the managers had to eat for free and the other employees for $1 for a hot dog meal (chips coke)

couldn’t turn a profit to make it worth it

12 minutes ago, Teddy kgb said:

Hard to make it for the ‘little guy’….too many kick backs…

Home Depot’s here used to have a hot dog guy out front of every store, they lasted about 18mo and gone….I ran across  one guy and asked him why he no longer posted up there as it was always packed…

He said all the managers had to eat for free and the other employees for $1 for a hot dog meal (chips coke)

couldn’t turn a profit to make it worth it

WOW, LOL, WOW

2 hours ago, housepicks said:

I gotta go glass, seems to be the norm but I probably could print my own stickers 

I would buy glass and get labels printed professionally.  The cost depends on the size.  If you're really going to go for it, get a graphic designer to create the label image for you.  Your nutritional values shouldn't change.  They should always be the same.,  So those could be printed as constants on a professionally designed and printed label.

If you're going for differentiation instead of price, appearance/presentation is extremely important.

14 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

I would buy glass and get labels printed professionally.  The cost depends on the size.  If you're really going to go for it, get a graphic designer to create the label image for you.  Your nutritional values shouldn't change.  They should always be the same.,  So those could be printed as constants on a professionally designed and printed label.

If you're going for differentiation instead of price, appearance/presentation is extremely important.

You’re right. After the first go around if I make a second  batch of 100-200 bottles it’ll be 100% legit.

45 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Very true.  Entemanns had trouble selling their products until they created packaging that allowed you to see the product through the clear window on the box.  

Learned that and more from The Foods That Built America.  Best series on TV.

15 hours ago, housepicks said:

Im just toying with the idea. There are a million salsas out there, how many people are gonna think it’s as good as I do. I’ll probably make 50 jars and reassess, then quit. 

I think your salsa looks great. I’m a big fan of that type of consistency. 
BOL on whatever avenue you choose to market it