Jerry Jones photo 1957

KingKolzig

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

What’s the bid deal with the photo and which guy is Jerry Jones?

Jones is the guy clearly visible in the top middle with his chin kinda up.

The big deal is that the white kids were trying to block the black kids from doing something at the school. not sure the details. obviously it means nothing, this came out last week and nothing became of it.

On 12/1/2022 at 11:05 AM, mikeman said:

the guy with the cig is the true hero, gotta keep them gro's out of school.

That's despicable MM.  You must have grown up in a sheltered life away from black people and view them as aliens or something.

22 hours ago, mikeman said:

Society is far more racist today, back then everyone left everyone else alone.

I disagree.  In my experience US blacks and Koreans are by far the most racist people in the world.  The rest all seem to be normal and accepting of anybody with good character.

22 hours ago, WVU said:

It was a different era.  Everyone was racist back then.  Non story, IMO

Agreed,

I live in Memphis and believe me to this day it is very unique unlike a lot of different places.

When i was a teenager back in the 1980's i lived around an hour or two outside Memphis in the country me and my dad used to go to this place to get firewood during the winter and this black family were always very nice to my dad and my dad told this story of how when he was a kid in the 50's his father faced a backlash from the small community they lived in because this black family's house was destroyed by a tornado and for six months while they rebuilt they were allowed to stay in a trailer on our farm. They weren't living in the house with my dad and his family but had a trailer but for some reason even that bothered the majority of people living there.