Is Chris Beard going to get fired?

sleepy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, rdalert447 said:

Hopefully Georgetown hires Greg Marshall once Ewing is fired. Or Mike Brey.

Their coaching history says that the coach needs to be black from anywhere as the first choice, or a white guy from the DC area as a 2nd choice.  Perhaps they’ll try something new bc they’ve sucked hardcore ever since FGCU dunked them out of the gym.  Ed Cooley would be a good hire for them but I doubt he’d leave Providence for a team in the same conference.

Johnny Dawkins is from DC.  That might be who they go after.

21 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Their coaching history says that the coach needs to be black from anywhere as the first choice, or a white guy from the DC area as a 2nd choice.  Perhaps they’ll try something new bc they’ve sucked hardcore ever since FGCU dunked them out of the gym.  Ed Cooley would be a good hire for them but I doubt he’d leave Providence for a team in the same conference.

Johnny Dawkins is from DC.  That might be who they go after.

Cooley not leaving. He turned down Michigan before they hired Howard 

6 minutes ago, rjt said:

Cooley not leaving. He turned down Michigan before they hired Howard 

I doubt he leaves either but he might have not been feeling being a midwest Michigan guy.  Perhaps he’s just an east coast city guy like Shaheen Holloway.  His entire life has been in the northeast cities.

3 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Can you imagine how much MAGA'S would hate Pootin if he was black? But he's white and like Hitler so he's loved by the MAGATS. 

Vladimir Putin has nothing to do with the topic at hand itt.  We're talking college basketball hires here.  Stay on topic. 

Who do you like for the Georgetown job?  Ed Cooley and Dawkins would be solid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2023 at 12:29 PM, Gmcarroll33 said:

Cooley just shocked us both.  I didn't think he'd leave Providence for a team in the same conference.  That's a good hire for Georgetown. 

Gtown obviously a better job but still kind of a dick move. He’s had so many opportunities to leave for very good jobs over the years and chooses this one. Guess he just worships John Thompson 

Think I read he’s the first Big East coach to leave for another job within the conference. That’s crazy 

7 minutes ago, rjt said:

Gtown obviously a better job but still kind of a dick move. He’s had so many opportunities to leave for very good jobs over the years and chooses this one. Guess he just worships John Thompson 

Think I read he’s the first Big East coach to leave for another job within the conference. That’s crazy 

His salary supposedly tripled by going there.  Providence was supposedly always his dream job and home, but I guess money talks is all this is.

He’s a good coach and having a good coach in highly black populated D.C with plenty of good basketball players from that area that will want to play for him and stay home is a great move by Georgetown and Cooley.  

22 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

His salary supposedly tripled by going there.  Providence was supposedly always his dream job and home, but I guess money talks is all this is.

He’s a good coach and having a good coach in highly black populated D.C with plenty of good basketball players from that area that will want to play for him and stay home is a great move by Georgetown and Cooley.  

He definitely didn't triple his salary. That would make him highest paid coach in the country. Cooley made good money at Providence and just got a raise last year

Who knows how accurate this is but I don't think the money was that far apart

1 hour ago, rjt said:

He definitely didn't triple his salary. That would make him highest paid coach in the country. Cooley made good money at Providence and just got a raise last year

Who knows how accurate this is but I don't think the money was that far apart

Hmmm I had read 6-7 million when he accepted.  Maybe not.  Solid hire either way.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...