Final Four 2023

rdalert447

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, trytrytry said:

lets get some horse racing stuff going in 2023

I’m ashamed to say I hit the BC Friday early p5 for 6k and gave it all back by the time I flew home from Vegas Monday morning. Have only lost since then going 3/4 or 4/5 with second place finishes in like 12 tickets since then. 

I’m trying to take it easy until derby day…seeing 1/5 duel a 2/1 made me realize how -EV those pretty ponies really are…

On 1/5/2023 at 10:31 PM, WeinkeToWarrick said:

I’m ashamed to say I hit the BC Friday early p5 for 6k and gave it all back by the time I flew home from Vegas Monday morning. Have only lost since then going 3/4 or 4/5 with second place finishes in like 12 tickets since then. 

I’m trying to take it easy until derby day…seeing 1/5 duel a 2/1 made me realize how -EV those pretty ponies really are…

Must’ve been a fun ride, though!

5 minutes ago, rdalert447 said:

Might have to add UCLA and remove someone from the list above. Cronin has them rolling again.

I see UCLA at 12-1 and MARQ at anywhere from 60-1 up to 125–1, depending on available outs.

you arent getting any value with UCLA. i mean they are decent but could be a 2nd game easy exit. cronin maximizes his teams talent 

1 hour ago, KingKolzig said:

you arent getting any value with UCLA. i mean they are decent but could be a 2nd game easy exit. cronin maximizes his teams talent 

I disagree.  If you have superior basketball players you should be running to maximize their talent.  The less possessions equals a few made baskets in a row where anything can happen.  Playing liking UCLA and Virginia set up UVA to be the prime candidate to be the first #1 seed to get knocked off in the first round.

5 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

im pretty sure they are running way more this year ucla. and UVA just won a title

They are, and yes UVA did but they also got knocked out in the first round as the first ever #1 seed to do it.  It just makes it really volatile is my personal opinion.

Georgetown was another team that was #2 and slow played their way through the entire season.  Then this happened!  San Diego St was another slow playing team.  FGCU Dunk City blew them out too.  Marquette statistically looks pretty similar to this team.

5 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They are, and yes UVA did but they also got knocked out in the first round as the first ever #1 seed to do it.  It just makes it really volatile is my personal opinion.

Georgetown was another team that was #2 and slow played their way through the entire season.  Then this happened!  San Diego St was another slow playing team.  FGCU Dunk City blew them out too.  Marquette statistically looks pretty similar to this team.

I watched that GTOWN-FGCU game in a bar in NYC, while wearing a GTOWN jersey. Got abused.

Same with the year before (or after), vs Ohio.

11 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

that maryland baltimore county game they just blew out UVA

wasnt tense and nervous that got them beat. you play the style you play. go tell UVA fans tony bennetts style hasnt worked for him past 10 years 

I didn’t say it hasn’t worked well and been the best hire and style Virginia could have ever tried.  It’s just that the more possessions you get the more your superior talent should shine.  The slower you play the more you set up the possibilty of high variance happening of getting knocked out by a team they would otherwise have beaten 9/10 times.  And when you play that slow hoping to out execute and play tough defense good luck coming back from a deep whole if the other team has gotten hot.