UNC hoops

rjt

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Now rumor is that if UNC gets invited to the NIT, their players won't play. 

WTF

That’s not a rumor it’s true.  They already announced the season is over.  They don’t have a big man that can even play as they’re all banged up so the season is over.  I think Hubert managed this group so bad and didn’t play anybody other than 6-7 guys when a few clearly needed to sit and a few of the 8-11 guys are gonna transfer, so he had no way of talking them into playing for the NIT.  Leaky Black and Pete Nance are 5th year players so neither of them have anything to gain by playing in the NIT.  

All around a real shitty embarrassing season.  But they did end Coach K’s career in the F4 for the only tournament game between UNC/dook ever so it’s hard to hate on any of them.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

That’s not a rumor it’s true.  They already announced the season is over.  They don’t have a big man that can even play as they’re all banged up so the season is over.  I think Hubert managed this group so bad and didn’t play anybody other than 6-7 guys when a few clearly needed to sit and a few of the 8-11 guys are gonna transfer, so he had no way of talking them into playing for the NIT.  Leaky Black and Pete Nance are 5th year players so neither of them have anything to gain by playing in the NIT.  

All around a real shitty embarrassing season.  But they did end Coach K’s career in the F4 for the only tournament game between UNC/dook ever so it’s hard to hate on any of them.

Didn't they beat Duke in coach k's last home game too? 

Still don't agree with them refusing the NIT. you get invited, you play...the same as every other team in America. 

8 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Still don't agree with them refusing the NIT. you get invited, you play...the same as every other team in America. 

Yeah and he acted like a dick in typical Coach K fashion when they honored him after the game and got mad at the crowd.  Funner times for sure.  A shot that will live in UNC history.

If I had to guess, them not playing probably signals that Caleb Love is gone to somewhere bc it’s sure not the NBA, Bacot is gone and not coming back for year 5, Nance and Leaky are gone.  That’s 4 starters right there.  Then of course with transfers that always happen they might have had enough that said “the hell with this I’m not gonna be here anyways it’s time to get my name in the portal asap vs playing in the NIT.”  Either way I didn’t even care to see this team make the tourney as banged up as their bigs are and they flat out didn’t deserve it anyways.  There would have been no repeat of last March.

This transfer portal of not having to sit out a year has ruined college sports and turned them all into spoiled brats that don’t wanna earn their minutes.

7 hours ago, richsox24 said:

You know the story - people don’t go to UNC to play in the NIT.  Too bad, I wanted to fade them in the first game.

17 minutes ago, rjt said:

Michigan did it again

Not sure how you blow an 8 pt lead with 58 sec left, but UM managed to do it. Impressive 

Is your fanbase trashing all the players and coaches like mine is?  Caleb Love hits some of the most memorable shots in UNC history in the tourney last year and was great with a 4th scorer, gets a replacement PF that can’t and won’t shoot, along with out SF so Caleb is left to jack 3s that look awful.  Our fanbase is trying to run him out of town and just might do so.  Everybody hates Hubert right now.  Dark times during my favorite time of year.

10 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Is your fanbase trashing all the players and coaches like mine is?  Caleb Love hits some of the most memorable shots in UNC history in the tourney last year and was great with a 4th scorer, gets a replacement PF that can’t and won’t shoot, along with out SF so Caleb is left to jack 3s that look awful.  Our fanbase is trying to run him out of town and just might do so.  Everybody hates Hubert right now.  Dark times during my favorite time of year.

Everyone hates Juwan. Lots of hate for his son too, which is unfair. He’s probably one and done anyway. Bufkin is one of the few likable players on the team. Hope he comes back next year

Didn’t even watch the game. Saw the final score and just knew they must have choked. Up 8 with under a minute and then turn the ball over 3 straight possessions when Vandy is trying to foul. Howard and Bufkin didn’t play so they had some scrubs in there, but still embarrassing. They’ve lost games like that all season 

15 minutes ago, rjt said:

Everyone hates Juwan. Lots of hate for his son too, which is unfair. He’s probably one and done anyway. Bufkin is one of the few likable players on the team. Hope he comes back next year

Didn’t even watch the game. Saw the final score and just knew they must have choked. Up 8 with under a minute and then turn the ball over 3 straight possessions when Vandy is trying to foul. Howard and Bufkin didn’t play so they had some scrubs in there, but still embarrassing. They’ve lost games like that all season 

I really don’t like all this hate for Caleb on our end, but don’t mind at all on Hubert.  A bubble team year one for the whole season, and missing the tournament completely year 2 as preseason #1.  He’s running a more modern day offense than Roy did by dropping having 2 bigs down low and using a stretch 4, but this doesn’t resemble UNC basketball at all with no transition offense and secondary break, and wondering if we’re even making the tournament vs winning the natty.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, rjt said:

Guy would shoot the ball 30 times per game at UM with Dickinson, Bufkin, Jett all gone

Lol he would shoot it 20 at least with all 3 still there.  Caleb is fearless.  When he sets his feet he’s accurate and shoots good.  He does way too much hero ball stuff without more than one pass even being made is his problem.  That and lack of talent last year.

Rumors our that our top 2 recruits from next year’s class might be reclassifying to come next year.  Ian Jackson and Cadeau can straight up ball.  I wonder if Hubert had Caleb head off bc that was his ultimate plan. 

Caleb to Michigan.  Enjoy the roller coaster RJT!  I like Caleb, but man will he make you shake your head.  This will have one fan base thinking their other coach sucks worse than they thought one way or the other.  If Juwan reaches Caleb and turns him back into 2022 MM player again then Hubert looks like an idiot.  If Juwan fails just like Hubert then he looks like an idiot for even taking him.  I don't like Michigan but I hope he does well though.