Silicon Valley Bank

ERBtheGREAT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's "only" a $6 billion company (jpm is 380b)... systemic risk is pretty low

that said, the whole system is gonna collapse in my lifetime, whether that's today or 5 years from now, or 12 years from now, who knows... but you can't continue to favor worthless lazy mentally ill bums in jobs/government/media, while demonizing working class heterosexuals, without triggering a long-term collapse

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

it's "only" a $6 billion company (jpm is 380b)... systemic risk is pretty low

that said, the whole system is gonna collapse in my lifetime, whether that's today or 5 years from now, or 12 years from now, who knows... but you can't continue to favor worthless lazy mentally ill bums in jobs/government/media, while demonizing working class heterosexuals, without triggering a long-term collapse

Agree and it has been the lefts goal since the 70's and it is coming to fruition. 

Many of us have been preaching this over and over but with spinless rinos nothing will ever happen. 

14 minutes ago, jasson621 said:

Agree and it has been the lefts goal since the 70's and it is coming to fruition. 

Many of us have been preaching this over and over but with spinless rinos nothing will ever happen. 

yeah just think how many true patriots have turned on the us government over the past 3 years... no matter what political affiliation, i can't think of any sane people who would be happy or proud if their kids joined the military or decided to work for the federal government

5-10 years ago most parents would've been proud.  so now you have a majority of working people that despise the media and the government, and the only thing that keeps governments going/solvent is faith and trust

biden is introducing a bill to tax realized gains on stocks

so if you have a 1000 worth of a stock. and it is now 1100 after a year. you pay tax on that 100 even if you dont sell it

then year 2 another tax

year 3 another tax

then if the stock plummets in year 4 you already paid the taxes on realized gains. whoops sorry about that 

4 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

so if you have a 1000 worth of a stock. and it is now 1100 after a year. you pay tax on that 100 even if you dont sell it

then year 2 another tax

year 3 another tax

then if the stock plummets in year 4 you already paid the taxes on realized gains. whoops sorry about that 

I'm sure this will help the 20% haircut 401k's took since the diaper wearing dementia patient stole the election.

5 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

then year 2 another tax

year 3 another tax

INSANITY

46 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

then year 2 another tax

year 3 another tax

Yeah that makes no sense.  Pay taxes then you can be down on the investment next year.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I wouldn't touch a bank stock with a 10 foot pole.

well you could've doubled your money in an hour (or more with options)

the only thing i did was sell 1 $50 put for next week at $6.50... 13%/week for something that was $10 out of the money when i sold it... i could pay $50 to buy back the $650 i made but i'm too stubborn lol

4 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

well you could've doubled your money in an hour (or more with options)

the only thing i did was sell 1 $50 put for next week at $6.50... 13%/week for something that was $10 out of the money when i sold it... i could pay $50 to buy back the $650 i made but i'm too stubborn lol

I moved out of anything even remotely speculative last month.

Just dividend paying blue chip stocks until further notice for me in this shit economy.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I moved out of anything even remotely speculative last month.

Just dividend paying blue chip stocks until further notice for me in this shit economy.

good idea

vno-o (preferred) is down to $13.30... yes they have commercial real estate exposure, but good balance sheet, they will probably eliminate the common stock dividend to be even more stable.  easy peasy 9% or so annual payments, and at some point you'll get $25/share for it

14 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

good idea

vno-o (preferred) is down to $13.30... yes they have commercial real estate exposure, but good balance sheet, they will probably eliminate the common stock dividend to be even more stable.  easy peasy 9% or so annual payments, and at some point you'll get $25/share for it

Thank you Sir, doing due diligence now...

:cheers