2023 March madness thread

JTGAMBLE

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfucking believable this season turned out as did for UNC.  Bacot injured in like 4 losses, and RJ KO'd vs Cuse screwed up another 2.  They didn't deserve it though.  Pete Nance sucks.  This is my favorite time time of year and we're not in it.  What a bummer.  Next year will be even worse.  

My opinion still stands that NCST is a sleeper for the F4.

10 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

My futures which many were made yesterday. 

Duke +4000

Virginia +5500

Memphis +15000

Alabama +1400

Gonzaga +3500

Duke is playing great.  

Memphis is an obvious sleeper. Easy winner today.

Duke in trouble. Tough draw. I think Oral Roberts beats them 

9 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Yeah they can ball and have a pretty good coach from what I saw in the UNC game this year.  Plus SDST sucks.

SDSU doesn’t suck. Not one of their better teams, but their defense is so good. Utah St a top 10 offense and they needed a bunch of late game fouls to crack 50 points 

Under 141.5 one of the better plays on Thursday. Charleston hasn’t seen a defense close to SDSU

7 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Have to play Duke at that price.

I wouldn’t. Hard to see them getting past opening weekend with that draw. Probably Duke’s least talented team in 20 years. Oral Roberts will have 2 best players on the court. If Duke wins that game, they get toughest 4 seed in Tennessee round 2

Speaking of least talented team in years, I think Furman takes down Virginia.  They love to get out and run and are 9th in dunk% vs just being some patient slow playing little school.  That would be a disaster to try against any Virginia team.  Bob Ritchie built his alma mater up nicely since taking over.

No I never said anything about that.  I just said playing slow as hell and not having any great athletes was a recipe for UVA to be the first ever #1 seed knocked off.  That if they get down huge like the did vs MBC then your defense can only bring you so far back into the game.  It works for them obviously. 

7 hours ago, rjt said:

Duke in trouble. Tough draw. I think Oral Roberts beats them 

Just don't see it. Oral Roberts had a great season but that was in the Summit League.  They played four good teams all season, they were non conference.  All 4 teams handled them easily.

Houston

St. Mary's

Utah st

New Mexico 

Outside of those 4 teams Oral Roberts played nobody.  

Give me Duke -6.5 all night long.