They really gipped us on CBB post season games this year

sleepy

The CBI Tourney did us a favor of letting Pistol Pete's NCAA scoring record stand by not inviting Detroit vs having Mike Davis' kid get to break it with a meaningless extra game as a 5th year senior.  Pistol Pete set it in 3 years with no 3 pt line.  It would be a joke for anybody to go down as the all time scoring champ that had 5 years to break it and couldn't do it, but get gifted an extra tourney game.

4 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The CBI Tourney did us a favor of letting Pistol Pete's NCAA scoring record stand by not inviting Detroit vs having Mike Davis' kid get to break it with a meaningless extra game as a 5th year senior.  Pistol Pete set it in 3 years with no 3 pt line.  It would be a joke for anybody to go down as the all time scoring champ that had 5 years to break it and couldn't do it, but get gifted an extra tourney game.

i think it's strange that postseason counts for that, you're right that would've been an asterisk but nobody 10 years from now would know there's an asterisk

these other tourneys are so weird, nobody in milwaukee even knows uw-m is playing tomorrow, and hardly anyone knows wisconsin is playing

56 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I think everyone knows the connection between that word and the people.

But I never knew gipped referred to gypsies, that one went right over my head.

yeah weird that we can't use hardly any words any more... i had a client that would say someone "kiked" him, obviously that's pretty bad, same with nig...-rigged, but still they're just words, i'm not offended if someone calls me a wop or dago

8 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

yeah weird that we can't use hardly any words any more... i had a client that would say someone "kiked" him, obviously that's pretty bad, same with nig...-rigged, but still they're just words, i'm not offended if someone calls me a wop or dago

They're only words and not indicative of violent intent or hatred by those using them without a weapon in their hands.

They're just words that have hung around America like relics. 

36 minutes ago, rjt said:

RIP Robert “Tractor” Traylor

I lived and breathed colled bball (still do somewhat) growing up, and remember I had a college bball magazine back in the day profiling top players and reading stories about them.  Robert Traylor’s story was that his grandmother made 2 sweet potatoe pies before he went to play a game.  He got home and she had saved him a piece of pie.  He said “grandmama, when I ask you to save me a piece of pie I meant a whole pie.”  Sad that he died but not shocking.

4 minutes ago, rjt said:

He was a fun college player, but crazy that a morbidly obese dude with a 3 inch vertical was drafted so high. Guy like that would go undrafted these days 

the real stupid part of that was that the mavs got nowitzki AND steve nash for tractor traylor, and the talking heads were 100% saying the mavs got screwed