A couple of guys sweating hard

sleepy

28 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The Big10 sucks period.  23 years since the Flintstones won it all which was the last Big10 team to win it.  Without Ohio State's 2 natty's in football (starting with that bs call against Miami) they'd only have Michigan to bank on since 1997.  Painter is as good of a coach as Purdue is going to get.

Indiana beat Purdue twice.  Big deal right? Gotta like Miami +2 tomorrow?

Kent St missed so many bunny's yesterday.  Had zero bigs to stop Trace Jackson and Indiana should bounce after their deceiving win? With that said can we depend on Miami. 

Miami solid. Good coach. Played Duke very tough.  Don't understand how they lose to FSU after being up by 25. Had a very deep run last year. Elite 8 I believe.  I'm taking Miami +2.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The Big10 sucks period.  23 years since the Flintstones won it all which was the last Big10 team to win it.  Without Ohio State's 2 natty's in football (starting with that bs call against Miami) they'd only have Michigan to bank on since 1997.  Painter is as good of a coach as Purdue is going to get.

guy is an accountant 

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

Indiana beat Purdue twice.  Big deal right? Gotta like Miami +2 tomorrow?

Kent St missed so many bunny's yesterday.  Had zero bigs to stop Trace Jackson and Indiana should bounce after their deceiving win? With that said can we depend on Miami. 

Miami solid. Good coach. Played Duke very tough.  Don't understand how they lose to FSU after being up by 25. Had a very deep run last year. Elite 8 I believe.  I'm taking Miami +2.

Trace Johnson was very impressive.  

51 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Trace Johnson was very impressive.  

That kid is legit, but the rest of the candy canes aren’t all that great.  I saw UNC against both (Indiana no Bacot) and was more impressed with Miami.  Their bigs are MEN down low.  You better have some bigs with real strength and bulk to back them down on offense or hold your own on defense.  Bacot couldn’t do it vs them.  12 pts and 4 rebounds.  About 8 rebounds below his season average when he played 33 minutes that game.

Just now, HinesWard86 said:

Yeah. Elihu started laughing it off quickly. Fezzik apologized.

Elihu is one of the smartest guys in the gambling world. Funny to see all the Johnny come latelys trying to dunk on him.

fezzik said that but then started giving me shit for calling him out

last 3 years purdue has lost in the first round to a 13/15/16... THAT is the team you're gonna lay -4500 on?  and look up the history of 1/2 seeds that were unranked in the preseason, their average tourney wins are something like 1.5 and never past the elite 8

2 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Elihu is one of the smartest guys in the gambling world. Funny to see all the Johnny come latelys trying to dunk on him.

just a weird spot to make such a huge juicy wager. so much pressure and that team has a lot of freshman. "it should be 95-1 but im getting 45-1 i HAVE to make this bet"

5 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

then why was his biggest bet ever on purdue -4500?  i think the smartest guys are the ones that stay under the radar, but his book was decent

4 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

just a weird spot to make such a huge juicy wager. so much pressure and that team has a lot of freshman. "it should be 95-1 but im getting 45-1 i HAVE to make this bet"

absolutely

and why is king revolver still making threads?  it's pretty obvious he doesn't read the forum if he just started a thread about fezzik/purdue

Yeah, I had Purdue going out in the second round because of the freshmen guards that had gotten worse over the course of the year.

I'm sure they based a lot of the bet on history. No. 16 seeds are still just 2-150 against No. 1 seeds (likely justifying the bet to a degree in their minds), but there was a reason Purdue was -5000. I saw some of the same rationale among people backing Arizona ML at -1200 on Thursday.

I think the better bet was Pizzola taking All No. 1 seeds to win at -750

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

then why was his biggest bet ever on purdue -4500?  i think the smartest guys are the ones that stay under the radar, but his book was decent

He has largely stayed under the radar in comparison to some of the other dudes that love the attention. Especially some of these guys that practically beg for publicity 

13 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Yeah, I had Purdue going out in the second round because of the freshmen guards that had gotten worse over the course of the year.

I'm sure they based a lot of the bet on history. No. 16 seeds are still just 2-150 against No. 1 seeds (likely justifying the bet to a degree in their minds), but there was a reason Purdue was -5000. I saw some of the same rationale among people backing Arizona ML at -1200 on Thursday.

I think the better bet was Pizzola taking All No. 1 seeds to win at -750

That would make them all idiots.  That's not how you handicap games.  Especially if you're using math.

11 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

He has largely stayed under the radar in comparison to some of the other dudes that love the attention. Especially some of these guys that practically beg for publicity 

You mean the guy that supposedly called all of the offshore books for player disputes stayed under the radar?

Umm.  Ok.

14 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

absolutely

and why is king revolver still making threads?  it's pretty obvious he doesn't read the forum if he just started a thread about fezzik/purdue

yep kinger is pretty bad. he leads the forumworld in threads he starts and never even comes back to not even for 1 reply 

7 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

The book was written by a guy who didn't know what a logistic regression was before he wrote it.

The fact the he wrote a book period shows me that he’s an attention whore, a total idiot not thinking about the big picture, or both.  I’ve yet to meet anybody that did this for a living that would want to educate and teach people how to build models, scrape data from Pinny, etc etc advise on weak markets and strep by step what they do and create more competition in markets they’re specializing in.  J7 was always an attention whore.  He got really pissed when Thremp trashed his book (not that bad really) on Amazon and had to create a thread over it.

16 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The fact the he wrote a book period shows me that he’s an attention whore, a total idiot not thinking about the big picture, or both.  I’ve yet to meet anybody that did this for a living that would want to educate and teach people how to build models, scrape data from Pinny, etc etc advise on weak markets and strep by step what they do and create more competition in markets they’re specializing in.  J7 was always an attention whore.  He got really pissed when Thremp trashed his book (not that bad really) on Amazon and had to create a thread over it.

There are a lot of attention whores in this world, I wouldn't call Elihu one of them. 

The fact that he wrote a book that was one of the reasons why AFLGuru decided to work with him. 

Just now, HinesWard86 said:

There are a lot of attention whores in this world, I wouldn't call Elihu one of them. 

The fact that he wrote a book that was one of the reasons why AFLGuru decided to work with him. 

So he’s an idiot or didn’t have the ability on his own.  Those are the only other conclusions to make as to why anybody would want to make market competition harder than it is.

Just now, Gmcarroll33 said:

So he’s an idiot or didn’t have the ability on his own.  Those are the only other conclusions to make as to why anybody would want to make market competition harder than it is.

Or because you've found a new way to make money, and you feel like most of the stuff you're writing about is old hat.

4 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Or because you've found a new way to make money, and you feel like most of the stuff you're writing about is old hat.

Again he didn’t have the ability on his own so that only leaves it as a white flag wave of hoping somebody helped him.  See MF’s post about him not knowing what a logistical regression was before writing the book as evidence.  There’s nothing else to conclude of he’s an attention whore, is an idiot, is incapable on his own and was hoping he got help.

3 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Again he didn’t have the ability on his own so that only leaves it as a white flag wave of hoping somebody helped him.  See MF’s post about him not knowing what a logistical regression was before writing the book as evidence.  There’s nothing else to conclude of he’s an attention whore, is an idiot, is incapable on his own and was hoping he got help.

I don't think you've read his book....