why is lumber so cheap right now?

KingKolzig

4 minutes ago, BGS 9.5 said:

Why the fuck would you even care? 

cause my sociopath brother talked my mom into going back to florida. then he flipped the switch and tried to bully everyone into his demands. so hes taking off and leaving her with a dementia patient, a heroin addict and an economic/war crisis. so we are trying to get her to get back to her functional family in NH

they own a plot of land and with prices so low it might be the perfect time to build her a safe home. which will be good for the responsible sane members of the family long term as well 

35 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

cause my sociopath brother talked my mom into going back to florida. then he flipped the switch and tried to bully everyone into his demands. so hes taking off and leaving her with a dementia patient, a heroin addict and an economic/war crisis. so we are trying to get her to get back to her functional family in NH

they own a plot of land and with prices so low it might be the perfect time to build her a safe home. which will be good for the responsible sane members of the family long term as well 

Since they already own the land they've already saved 25% of a new homes cost, a small new home for her might not be too out of line price wise.

7 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

she can sell her florida house for cash to build. the lot is right next to my responsible brother and sisters neighborhood too. a family member is a developer and you can trust builders in n.hampshire more than anywhere. slam dunk on paper

For an old lady it would be far better to just buy a used house that fits her needs. All the things that go into buying a new house would be avoided - selecting everything, establishing yards, etc is a huge pain.  Used would be cheaper too.

3 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

april 2021-$1,432

march 2023-$372

does this mean its way cheaper to build a house now?

I asked a builder to update his prices as material prices have dropped.  He told me he is booked 2 years ahead and has no idea the prices in 2 years so he’s keeping them where they are 

4 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

april 2021-$1,432

march 2023-$372

does this mean its way cheaper to build a house now?

Clogz...

build yourself a nice wooden coffin pal..... it would save your family money when They finally get the good news that you offed yourself....  would really make your parents proud should you do this....

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

Looking at it now Jimmy.  Looks like prosper for rental properties.  I’d give it a whirl with something small like $1000 to check out the dashboard 

I've bought into 6 properties so far, at $100.00 each, just dipping my toes in the water so far.

There are some good videos on Youtube about it.

Prosper loans were unsecured, these are secured by the real estate itself.

7 minutes ago, nothing but winners said:

Clogz...

build yourself a nice wooden coffin pal..... it would save your family money when They finally get the good news that you offed yourself....  would really make your parents proud should you do this....

Try to be respectful of our poster of the year please.

10 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I've bought into 6 properties so far, at $100.00 each, just dipping my toes in the water so far.

There are some good videos on Youtube about it.

Prosper loans were unsecured, these are secured by the real estate itself.

Ok I’m in.  Let me get a minute and I’ll give it a shot