Offtopic.. Sorry FH. You are an old fuk, too

kyhawk

I wanted to reach out and remind you that your are an old fuk and your birthday is coming up in June, which means you're catching up to me 

Recently, I found myself strolling through our old stomping grounds in Iowa City. It brought back a lot of memories. During my visit, I decided to stop by one of our favorite hangouts, The Airliner. The bartender there struck up a conversation with me and asked about the time I attended school in the area.

You know, you can still sit by the window at The Airliner and enjoy watching the hot girl and bustling crowd while munching on popcorn and sipping a cold beer.

In response to the bartender's question, I mentioned that I was there in the early '80s. It made me reflect on how it would feel if we asked an old fuk about their time at the school, and they replied with something like, "Oh, I went to school here in the '40s, just before World War II. Then, I got drafted and ended up participating in the D-Day invasion in France."

It's remarkable how time flies, and we've become the "old fuks" ourselves.

1 hour ago, kyhawk said:

I wanted to reach out and remind you that your are an old fuk and your birthday is coming up in June, which means you're catching up to me 

Recently, I found myself strolling through our old stomping grounds in Iowa City. It brought back a lot of memories. During my visit, I decided to stop by one of our favorite hangouts, The Airliner. The bartender there struck up a conversation with me and asked about the time I attended school in the area.

You know, you can still sit by the window at The Airliner and enjoy watching the hot girl and bustling crowd while munching on popcorn and sipping a cold beer.

In response to the bartender's question, I mentioned that I was there in the early '80s. It made me reflect on how it would feel if we asked an old funk about their time at the school, and they replied with something like, "Oh, I went to school here in the '40s, just before World War II. Then, I got drafted and ended up participating in the D-Day invasion in France."

It's remarkable how time flies, and we've become the "old fuks" ourselves.

Think of things like this weekly in terms of time on many subjects

Useless trivia about the Airliner.

Ashton Kutcher was discovered there

The talent agency that found Ashton Kutcher 15 years ago at the Airliner is back again — and UI students are both excited and concerned about the entertainment industry’s ability to increase Iowa’s profile.

https://dailyiowan.com/2012/04/27/talent-scout-who-discovered-ashton-kutcher-returns-to-ic/

My Niece graduated HS with him at Clear Creek.  Had no idea who he was when we went to her HS grad and he was part of it.

he attended Clear Creek–Amana High School. During high school, he developed a passion for acting and appeared in school plays. During his senior year, he broke into his high school at midnight with his cousin in an attempt to steal money; he was arrested leaving the scene. Kutcher was convicted of third-degree burglary and sentenced to three years of probation and 180 hours of community service. Kutcher stated that although the experience "straightened him out", he lost his girlfriend and anticipated college scholarships, and was ostracized at school and in his communit

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave Portnoy  of Barstool had pizza there 

The internet celebrity stopped by The Airliner at 22 S Clinton St. to try a slice of their cheese pizza. After meeting the owner and making his way around the bar that claims its pizza has kept them "an Iowa City hotspot for over seven decades," Portnoy stepped outside and detailed his experience around the bar to a cameraman.

He then gave a quick assessment before taking his first bite:

Read More: Barstool's Dave Portnoy Reviews an Eastern Iowa Pizza Joint | https://kcrr.com/barstools-dave-portnoy-reviews-iowa-pizza/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

https://kcrr.com/barstools-dave-portnoy-reviews-iowa-pizza/

d

A few  stupid trivia.  We could get free beer there as one of the guys in our Frat was a bartender there.

Had a keg tapped every morning before the fall fb games at Kinnick.

Nothing better that going to Kinnick in the Fall.

Got a public intox, arrested at Kinnick.

FH almost froze to death that night.  Too many episodes of stupidity.

FH and I took a chartered bus full of Iowa Degens to the Rose Bowl.

That trip was our first time in Vegas.  Changed our lives.

i moved out a few years later and FH soon followed.

Forty f'ing years ago. More or less. 

For all us Doc haters ....

Doc Rivers, the former NBA coach, has had several notable highlights and accomplishments throughout his coaching career.

Here are five of his top achievements:

2008 NBA Championship with the Boston Celtics: In his fourth season as the head coach of the Boston Celtics, Doc Rivers led the team to its first NBA championship in over 20 years. The Celtics, led by the "Big Three" of Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, defeated the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals, winning the series 4-2.

NBA Coach of the Year in 2000: While coaching the Orlando Magic, Doc Rivers was named the NBA Coach of the Year for the 1999-2000 season. He guided the Magic to a 41-41 record and a playoff berth, despite being picked by many experts to finish near the bottom of the league. This recognition highlighted his ability to maximize the performance of his team.

Seven Division Titles: Throughout his coaching career, Doc Rivers has won seven division titles. He achieved this feat with both the Boston Celtics and the LA Clippers. Rivers' teams consistently excelled in their respective divisions, demonstrating his ability to build successful and competitive squads.

Led the LA Clippers to their best seasons: During his tenure as the head coach of the LA Clippers from 2013 to 2020, Doc Rivers oversaw the team's most successful era. He guided the Clippers to six consecutive playoff appearances, which included winning at least 50 games in five seasons. Under his leadership, the Clippers became a perennial playoff contender and established themselves as one of the top teams in the Western Conference.

Developed and mentored multiple NBA stars: Doc Rivers has a track record of developing and mentoring talented players. Throughout his coaching career, he played a significant role in the growth and success of numerous NBA stars, including Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Blake Griffin, Chris Paul, and Kawhi Leonard. His ability to maximize the potential of his players has been widely recognized and appreciated within the basketball community.

These highlights and accomplishments collectively showcase Doc Rivers' impact as an NBA coach and his ability to lead teams to success at both the individual and team levels.  

10 hours ago, kyhawk said:

Useless trivia about the Airliner.

Ashton Kutcher was discovered there

The talent agency that found Ashton Kutcher 15 years ago at the Airliner is back again — and UI students are both excited and concerned about the entertainment industry’s ability to increase Iowa’s profile.

https://dailyiowan.com/2012/04/27/talent-scout-who-discovered-ashton-kutcher-returns-to-ic/

My Niece graduated HS with him at Clear Creek.  Had no idea who he was when we went to her HS grad and he was part of it.

he attended Clear Creek–Amana High School. During high school, he developed a passion for acting and appeared in school plays. During his senior year, he broke into his high school at midnight with his cousin in an attempt to steal money; he was arrested leaving the scene. Kutcher was convicted of third-degree burglary and sentenced to three years of probation and 180 hours of community service. Kutcher stated that although the experience "straightened him out", he lost his girlfriend and anticipated college scholarships, and was ostracized at school and in his communit

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dave Portnoy  of Barstool had pizza there 

The internet celebrity stopped by The Airliner at 22 S Clinton St. to try a slice of their cheese pizza. After meeting the owner and making his way around the bar that claims its pizza has kept them "an Iowa City hotspot for over seven decades," Portnoy stepped outside and detailed his experience around the bar to a cameraman.

He then gave a quick assessment before taking his first bite:

Read More: Barstool's Dave Portnoy Reviews an Eastern Iowa Pizza Joint | https://kcrr.com/barstools-dave-portnoy-reviews-iowa-pizza/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

https://kcrr.com/barstools-dave-portnoy-reviews-iowa-pizza/

d

many celebrities like ashton kutcher have made-up back stories

in a class of 100 it's weird that someone wouldn't know the type of egomaniac narcissist that it takes to be an actor... especially if someone was arrested breaking into the school... how would any student NOT know that story

i would be interested in seeing your niece's original high school yearbooks, weird that i can see his 4th-5th grade yearbook online 

5 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

many celebrities like ashton kutcher have made-up back stories

in a class of 100 it's weird that someone wouldn't know the type of egomaniac narcissist that it takes to be an actor... especially if someone was arrested breaking into the school... how would any student NOT know that story

i would be interested in seeing your niece's original high school yearbooks, weird that i can see his 4th-5th grade yearbook online 

You are right. You caught me making the whole thing up. JFC !!!  I also never met this FH guy. Okay.  Let me clarify. Kutcher was in a lineup with all the other grads on graduation day. He didn’t stand out to me. Just an ordinary kid.   Sorry about that. This is the reason I rarely post. I told Strut to quit wasting his time on these dumb ass forums. It was a complete nightmare when he was a mod at that other forum. What is the advantage of creating content for other people. Of course I am just as guilty posting here and players. Never a positive/even play. FWIW all three of my nieces graduated from there. One has a PhD from ASU  One has her masters degree from Iowa. The youngest has her  advanced degree in library. She is the library head at Clear Creek today.   

She took a different  path to be the Librarian.

She got her Undergrad at Wartburg in IA.

She started out as an English teacher in AK. 

Some godforsaken place to get a big payday for one year.

She then taught English in Denver for a year.

Moved back home to Iowa (Clear Creek) and taught English and did plays on the side.  Which totally drained her.

She took library science? at UNI and got her Library degree? there and now she is the Head Librarian and will be forever.

Iowa is the best place for education. Few minorities and mainly white.

She set the record for the 50 yard dash ..or whatever when she was in HS at Clear Creek and the record still stands...15 years later.. ???

No blacks to take her down.

7 hours ago, kyhawk said:

You are right. You caught me making the whole thing up. JFC !!!  I also never met this FH guy. Okay.  Let me clarify. Kutcher was in a lineup with all the other grads on graduation day. He didn’t stand out to me. Just an ordinary kid.   Sorry about that. This is the reason I rarely post. I told Strut to quit wasting his time on these dumb ass forums. It was a complete nightmare when he was a mod at that other forum. What is the advantage of creating content for other people. Of course I am just as guilty posting here and players. Never a positive/even play. FWIW all three of my nieces graduated from there. One has a PhD from ASU  One has her masters degree from Iowa. The youngest has her  advanced degree in library. She is the library head at Clear Creek today.   

the way i read it was that YOUR NIECE (in a class of 100) never saw kutcher until graduation day... so i said maybe his backstory was made up and he just showed up for graduation

you totally misunderstood what i was saying, and i misunderstood what you were saying