Founder of Silk Road gets life in prison

Cop

Ulbricht's massive narcotics-trafficking enterprise had resulted in at least six drug-related deaths (that's what was proven...and who knows how many more dope heads expired on top of that, because of the shit that they've bought through his website) , including a 27-year-old Microsoft employee and a 16-year-old boy in Perth, Australia. He also solicited multiple murders for hire in attempts to eliminate perceived threats, though authorities found no evidence anyone was killed.

He is who we thought we was...Next time at least run this shit out of a country from where you can't be extradited to US.

I read that the fbi was the one that contacted him about offering to kill people for him so not sure if that can be used against him

Ulbricht's massive narcotics-trafficking enterprise had resulted in at least six drug-related deaths (that's what was proven...and who knows how many dope heads expired on top of that) , including a 27-year-old Microsoft employee and a 16-year-old boy in Perth, Australia. He also solicited multiple murders for hire in attempts to eliminate perceived threats, though authorities found no evidence anyone was killed.

He is who we thought we was...Next time at least run this shit out of a country from where you can't be extradited to US.

I read that the fbi was the one that contacted him about offering to kill people for him so not sure if that can be used against him

yes they did...and he was not convicted of that charge...he did bite for that shit though in multiple chat sessions, but they didn't have enough to convict him - it does show you though how far he was willing to go

the guy is not a saint by any stretch of an imagination

he ultimately provided a very robust platform that killed people over extended period of time - so I'm not sure what drug charges are we talking about here

Amazing how much physical and monetary damage these people inflict. How does the money that gets confiscated get accounted for in the budget. Is that something members of the public can verify? My point is - does any of it go to the victim's families of these crimes.

Amazing how much physical and monetary damage these people inflict. How does the money that gets confiscated get accounted for in the budget. Is that something members of the public can verify? My point is - does any of it go to the victim's families of these crimes.

I think they're still trying to figure out who gets what here :lol

"Ulbricht’s defense team has already said it will seek an appeal in his case. That call for a new trial will be based in part on recent revelations that two Secret Service and Drug Enforcement Administration agents involved in the investigation of the Silk Road allegedly stole millions of dollars of bitcoin from the site."

Life?

What a fucking joke.

US needs to legalize /decriminalize drugs already.

It's never going to be lawful to do drugs in the USA

1] government makes too much money by running the drugs into the country

2] government gets to provide a lot of jobs to dumbasses unable to get jobs in the private sector

3] the big chemical companies make huge money by supplying precursors to the drug manufacturers

4] the private prison makes big money off having drug users and drug dealers locked up

Pretty much the entire justice sytstem in this country is fucked. I'm not privy to all the charges against him but I've read quite a bit on the case so in my honest opinion, according to all the facts of the case I'm aware of a 25 year sentence would have been appropriate. Sentenced to life in prison for a young man like this is nauseating to me.

of course he is going to get fuked

he tried to set up a site with free trade without government intervention and guess who gets to decide his fate...............yes the government

funny how HSBC can launder billions in drug money and no one goes to jail

funny how Petraeus can hand over stacks of books containing CIA secrets to his lover and get a small fine while whistle blowers exposing government crimes are giving lengthy prison sentences

this country been fukked for a long time and only getting worse

If the government wants you bad enough' date=' you will be screwed......[/quote']

Very good point! Anybody that tries to go around the government and backdoor regulations and then flaunt it "na na na na na - I got away with it" . Will get blasted most of the time. Most legitmate business people take their business idea to the government and ask the question, "is this legal - does this violate and laws"?