Devastating news for Disneyland Goers...

sugardaddy

The Happiest Place on Earth may be pulling an Uber. No, Walt Disney Co.'s parks aren't getting a car service – instead, the company is weighing a surged-pricing ticket model for its locations in Orlando and Anaheim, Calif.,reports the Los Angeles Times.

In an anonymous survey sent to annual pass holders, Disney asked for feedback about potential tiered pricing, which would include higher costs for peak park times.

What exactly would that look like? The survey suggests pricing would be based on three levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

Gold pricing, the most expensive ticketing level, could be used on any day, at any time. Silver would limit usage to off-peak days and be invalid during popular holiday weeks. Bronze, the cheapest ticketing option, could only be cashed in from time to time.

Currently, the parks offer discounts for those staying multiple days and for children under the age of 10, with reduced tickets starting around $100.

Disney has not released any official details regarding potential price hikes.

The survey coincides with Disneyland's diamond anniversary. The park celebrates 60 years in July.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/05/30/disney-weighs-surge-pricing/28208543/

Guest boatboatboat

Disney sells a no expiring 10 day park hopper pass.

We 21 of them 12 years ago.

best investment we ever made.

I think we paid about 290 dollars each.

So it works out to 29 dollars a day for us when we go to the parks.

Each ticket also came with 10 days of water park usage.

Should have bought more

You ever go to the Oct wine and cheese thing?

Wife and I are going this year.

First time ever

Sorry. Didn't know if you were asking me, and I didn't want to be rude by not responding.

No. I have not. Been to DisneyWorld 5 times. 3 times in late May / early July. And 2x in December. Never in October.

$180

WHAT A DEAL THAT IS!!!!

I would get that to simply have access to Epcot world show case area.

laughable that is considered a good deal... here we each get a season pass to great America, with 2 meals each, snack each (stuff like nachos/root beer float), soda, parking included on every visit. with a huge waterpark. for $120/each

laughable that is considered a good deal... here we each get a season pass to great America, with 2 meals each, snack each (stuff like nachos/root beer float), soda, parking included on every visit. with a huge waterpark. for $120/each

Mike, were talking Disney. This could be $300 and considered a great deal. Have you done lost your mind? Not 6 fucking Non heterosexual humans in Wis.

Thats a great deal I always pay about $1200-$1500 in disney tickets. Do they require a florida ID or will a phone number and address be enough. I did that at legoland, just added a florida number and a forwarding address in Miami and got the annual park for $100 each I believe.

Got my FL resident pass for $180. I do not mind blackout dates' date=' I do not want to be at Disney on their busiest dates. The blackout dates let me know when their busiest times are. All good by me, whether gold, silver, or bronze offered.[/quote']

Mike, were talking Disney. This could be $300 and considered a great deal. Have you done lost your mind? Not 6 fucking Non heterosexual humans in Wis.

it's in Illinois... and great America has more big rides than all 4 Orlando Disney parks combined... how many times is someone really going to go on those Disney rides before getting bored? I can go to the waterpark here once/week and not get tired of it but if I had to go to the magic kingdom more than twice in a summer I would be more bored than amused.

Disney knows once/year is plenty which is why the season pass for residents isn't much more than a daily ticket

Used to love Disney parks as a kid. Then I grew up I guess.

On the whole, I really don't like visiting Disneyworld or Disneyland anymore. I hate crowds and I hate standing in line. But the wife and kids love it, so I do it for them.

Epcot by far my favorite park in Florida. California Adventure in California. Have more to do for the adults. And they serve beer.

Agree with Mike on Magic Kingdom. It sucks. Just a scaled down, cheaper version of Disneyland.

Used to love Disney parks as a kid. Then I grew up I guess.

On the whole, I really don't like visiting Disneyworld or Disneyland anymore. I hate crowds and I hate standing in line. But the wife and kids love it, so I do it for them.

Epcot by far my favorite park in Florida. California Adventure in California. Have more to do for the adults. And they serve beer.

Agree with Mike on Magic Kingdom. It sucks. Just a scaled down, cheaper version of Disneyland.

I think universal studios orlando is a better experience... harry potter areas are well done, simpsons, the blues brothers show (both crews are terrific but the best one is spot on)

Disney parks used to be better when they had shows like the lion king, stunt shows, seems like they've gone away from those.

only complaint about universal orlando is the flaming moe is non-alcoholic! but you can still have a duff beer at moe's and that's pretty cool