So what type of bed matrress does one buy?

sugardaddy

Golden Elegance by Stearns & Foster is a collection of innerspring mattresses. These are at the high end of the Stearns & Foster lineup. These mattresses are rather exotic in their composition, bringing together ingredients such as Mongolian horsehair, New Zealand wool, and Cashmere. Other featured materials are natural latex and linen. All of these comfort materials overlie an IntelliCoil support core.

The cover fabric of New Zealand wool is infused with cashmere and quilted with FlameGuard Fiber, Hypersoft® foams and quilting fiber. Fire protection is provided by the FlameGuard Fiber and the New Zealand wool, while the foams and the quilting fibers cushion the sleeper. The NZ wool regulates temperature and moisture, keeping the sleeping surface dry and at a moderate temperature. Cashmere makes the cover smooth and soft.

The comfort section has layers of HD SuperSoft Foam and natural latex. This latex is made from rubber tree sap, a renewable, sustainable resource. It also includes wool, and Mongolian horsehair fiber paddings, which not only cushion, but wick moisture away, keeping the interior of the mattress dry. These are also breathable, ventilating and cooling the mattress.

Support is provided for Stearns & Foster Golden Elegance mattresses by the IntelliCoil innerspring. This is made of dual coils, a coil-in-coil technology. The taller outer coil is the first to respond, then the shorter inner coil increases the support. Since these dual coils are individually wrapped and set, they respond independently, contouring support to the shape of the sleeper's body, relieving pressure points and promoting correct posture.

Stearns & Foster recommends their Limited Deflection™ box spring as the foundation for Golden Elegance mattresses. The LTD™ comes in two heights, 9" and 5". They are also adjustable bed compatible.

The Golden Elegance mattresses carry a 25-year Stearns & Foster warranty.

To me their uncomfortable. Pass!!!!

I thought one when I started having back issues. It's so hard to tell in the store. I got one and then I decided it was too soft, so returned it, , then I got a Tempur-pedic and decided it was too hard, but I didn't want to have them come and replace it again, so I used it for a year....In the end I left it in Denver and sold it to my renter.

Now I'm sleeping on a $4-5k mattress that my brother bought for my mom. It was really comfortable a few years ago , but I think it's done it's time, or is just too soft for me now. You would think for that kind of money it would last longer, but then again, it probably is 10 years old.

I need to buy a new one, but I hate shopping for mattresses. It's impossible to know unless you lay on one and even then it's tough.

But anyway yeah, don't think I would buy another Tempurpedic.

IAG, they are suppose to last at least 10 years. For me I look at organic in the mattress as the number one factor first.

We sleep away about one-third of our lives. While we sleep, our immune system recovers and prepares for the day ahead. If your mattress is filled with airborne allergens and chemical toxins, your immune system will battle these rather than repair itself.

A standard mattress is laden with polyurethane foam, toxic flame retardants and water- or stain-resistant chemicals

An all-natural, organic mattress is made with materials are all-natural, clean and free of chemicals — the cotton is grown without pesticides; the latex is free of synthetics; for fire protection, pure wool is used.

An all-natural mattress may cost more, but you should think of your investment as you would the purchase of your family car: invest in safety, comfort, and peace of mind. Remember you'll be sleeping on your natural mattress for 10 years or more — longer than you'll drive your car — so invest wisely and sleep well!

IAG, they are suppose to last at least 10 years. For me I look at organic in the mattress as the number one factor first.

We sleep away about one-third of our lives. While we sleep, our immune system recovers and prepares for the day ahead. If your mattress is filled with airborne allergens and chemical toxins, your immune system will battle these rather than repair itself.

A standard mattress is laden with polyurethane foam, toxic flame retardants and water- or stain-resistant chemicals

An all-natural, organic mattress is made with materials are all-natural, clean and free of chemicals — the cotton is grown without pesticides; the latex is free of synthetics; for fire protection, pure wool is used.

An all-natural mattress may cost more, but you should think of your investment as you would the purchase of your family car: invest in safety, comfort, and peace of mind. Remember you'll be sleeping on your natural mattress for 10 years or more — longer than you'll drive your car — so invest wisely and sleep well!

Thanks Balco...good info. Currently sleeping on the one in my post 28.....I really liked it early on...how does that look to you in terms of material?

I agree on not going cheap on a mattress...especially when we have a history of back issues in our family. I just hate the selection process!

• 4 months later...