How to Become a Winning Video Poker Player

plommer

The time playing is tough(at least in my case)' when forced on a play just because its to good to pass up on, and a certain number of hours or hands are required.

This occurs in situations such as, but not limited to ........

1. Progressives

2. Promos, many of the drawing variety, or double royal promo)

3. Meeting coin-in requirements for adaquate or TOP mailer

If I were asked by a beginner what game to learn first to get one quickly into the realm of making profits, it would not be any of the 100% plus games or even 99.5 jacks or better........I would recommend they learn 8/5 bonus poker perfectly(similar strategy to jacks or better)

The game is easy to learn, can be found in abundance, different denominations, and different multi-line variations......and learning 8/5 will basically almost have you at the expert level of 9/6 jacks.

fishhead... do you really need to waste 1/2 a day at a machine to eke out 50-100 in ev from drawing when you can easily find an off line somewhere for that?

Mike, seldom, if ever do I play just for the +EV of a drawing unless killing one or more birds by playing also(coin-in for mailers, as just one example).

Secondly, the majority of my VP playing time is done in the slowest of slowest sportsbetting time.

As stated many times, not a big fan of drawings, except for a few exceptions during the course of a year.

Rito, not days perse, but certain hours.......what I'm saying is I attempt to play at the slowest of times, it's not always easy to do.

Not in the mood or do I have the desire to monitor the sportsbetting scene 18 hours a day at A CONSTANT ....., the VP offers an escape(as do other things) and VP at my level provides an excellent source of revenue.

If I were asked by a beginner what game to learn first to get one quickly into the realm of making profits, it would not be any of the 100% plus games or even 99.5 jacks or better........I would recommend they learn 8/5 bonus poker perfectly(similar strategy to jacks or better)

The game is easy to learn, can be found in abundance, different denominations, and different multi-line variations......and learning 8/5 will basically almost have you at the expert level of 9/6 jacks.

That game usually returns 99.17%. What type of rebate/promo is needed to make the game +EV?

Anything that adds 0.9% or more to the game.....know that sounds simplistic, but that's the answer.

To elaborate and give one small example.............would you rather be able to play a 100.3% game at $1.25 a hand or a 100.1% game at $25 a hand, and perhaps doing so on small denomination multiline type game.