Conor McGregor is $3 million confident

Dr. Paddy

He can use an IV.  Soon they won't be able to use IV's and that will change a lot of things.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/b-j-penn-supports-ufcs-iv-rehydration-ban-says-ivs-are-for-wimps

McGregor is going to be massive at the weigh-in compared to Mendes but just as Mendes is going to suffer cardio-wise from not having a full camp, McGregor is going to suffer from such a massive cut.  He's fought a full 3-round fight once.  He's never fought a wrestler.  If Mendes can get him down and keep him down then he's going to have problems.  If...

This is just more Dana White bullshit to fluff their great white trash-talking hope.  They've given him a house, a UFC gym and if any fight is going to be rigged it would be this one.  Aldo/Mendes 3 will make nothing.  Aldo/McGregor will be even bigger.  Hope Mendes can be a spoiler.

don't get too blinded by the "act" that conor does all the time.  We must think about the money and respect where the oddsmakers put the line.  I was so shocked to see that conor as a favorite against a wrestler.  I also respect the public bettors also.  The line has moved to -165 when i saw -135 last week.  

Best explanation i have for this line is that chad mendes has an 8 inch reach disadvantage.  This to me is huge because conor mcgregor is always dropping hints about gauging distance, so with chad mendes taking over for aldo, this is not that giant of a risk for the ufc bring on.  There is no way the ufc would take a big risk on letting mendes come in.  If chad mendes wins, the ufc loses too much money with everything they built with jose aldo/conor mcgregor promotions.   

That's right my fair friends, conor will manage the distance very well and pick his shots.  With every single shot that he's able to land, that power meter will go down on mendes and this will be an exciting gamble to me.  

Last but not least conor loves to aim behind the ear which is very good because it throws everyone's equilibrium off.  It doesn't necessarily knock you out all the time but look what happened to cain vs jds first fight.  the conor fight vs marcus brimage, it happened in that 1 too.  He is so good at disguising it that he gets away with hitting people in the back of their heads, go watch the fights!

don't get too blinded by the "act" that conor does all the time.  We must think about the money and respect where the oddsmakers put the line.  I was so shocked to see that conor as a favorite against a wrestler.  I also respect the public bettors also.  The line has moved to -165 when i saw -135 last week.  

The oddsmakers put the line at -160 Mendes because that's where it opened at.  The public has bet the line right now to -160 McGregor.  It will go even higher after the weigh-in.  Either the books were wrong with their opener or the public is wrong.  But you have to ask yourself how many times has there been such a huge swing and why has there been a huge swing and is it based on the merits of the fighters that oddsmakers didn't see but the betting public does.

Because McGregor would get his shit pushed in by Edgar.  Edgar would just run through him.  Edgar is faster than Mendes with better standup and better reach and he's better at using angles. His wrestling is as good and he has a better chin.

I'm sure that McGregor for all his shit-talking didn't want to have anything to do with him.  I'm sure in their secret hideaway talks Dana explained to McGregor that you do not want to fight Frankie Edgar.  Mendes is almost as good as Frankie but his size and reach problems and the other stuff made him the right choice for the UFC who want McGregor to not lose so they can do McGregor/Aldo again.

Edgar basically retired BJ Penn who was probably the single most talented person to ever step into the Octagon and a lot more talented than McGregor ever will be.  He almost beat Aldo and Aldo might have been juicing.  Who knows.

Edgar wanted to do it.  He was the higher ranked fighter.  He never got the call.

Aldo got hurt and lost out on $4 million.  The rematch will make him $6 million probably.  If it makes Aldo that much imagine how much the UFC will make.  McGregor/Aldo is all that matters.

Because McGregor would get his shit pushed in by Edgar.  Edgar would just run through him.  Edgar is faster than Mendes with better standup and better reach and he's better at using angles. His wrestling is as good and he has a better chin.

I'm sure that McGregor for all his shit-talking didn't want to have anything to do with him.  I'm sure in their secret hideaway talks Dana explained to McGregor that you do not want to fight Frankie Edgar.  Mendes is almost as good as Frankie but his size and reach problems and the other stuff made him the right choice for the UFC who want McGregor to not lose so they can do McGregor/Aldo again.

Edgar basically retired BJ Penn who was probably the single most talented person to ever step into the Octagon and a lot more talented than McGregor ever will be.  He almost beat Aldo and Aldo might have been juicing.  Who knows.

Edgar wanted to do it.  He was the higher ranked fighter.  He never got the call.

Aldo got hurt and lost out on $4 million.  The rematch will make him $6 million probably.  If it makes Aldo that much imagine how much the UFC will make.  McGregor/Aldo is all that matters.

i agree with your frank edgar argument.  i believe that there might be a chance that conor doesn't fight him because of his talk of going up to 155.  The most dangerous weapons against conor for edgar would be his chin, cardio, and wrestling/jiu jitsu combo.  The speed, striking, angles, and movement of frankie will be able to go deeper into a fight with conor and that's a bad matchup right there not including the large weight cut that conor already does.  On a previous ufc post fight show after either the poirier fight or siver fight, conor gave me the impression that he respected edgar either/or gave me a feeling that he's a bad matchup for him.  

By the way conor will have a 10 inch reach advantage on khabib over in the light weight division LOL  if mcgregor is able to handle chad mendes clean and with ease, i am sure ufc will let conor's first fight at 155 vs khabib.

Nurm's reach is 70.  McGregor's is 74.  So only 4 inches.  The UFC will pretzel itself even more to make sure McGregor doesn't fight him unless it's for the title.  Watching Nurm take McGregor down 10 times in a match would be funny.  Also there would be awesome shit talking between the two since Nurm is hilarious.

Running through people isn't only KO'ing them.  Edgar would spend most of the match running around like he usually does since that's what he does (that's like complaining that MM and Cruz run around too much).  The rest of the time McGregor would  be on his back wondering what the fuck to do. 

It's going to be funny how much bigger he is than Mendes.  The crowd at the weigh-in will also be going crazy for him.

And Mr. Gin you should like Edgar because he's a Jets fan.  There's a reason that Ryan had him give a speech to a team.  So they could know what a champion is like.

Frankie waiting for the call that never came.

frankie.jpg

LCD you like over 2.5

Well, the $3 million bet McGregor wanted to make was that he knock Mendes out in the second round.  Mendes is saying he'll put McGregor out in the third.  McGregor is cutting 27 pounds in a week.  Mendes hasn't had a full camp.  Someone is probably gassing and you know what happens then so I don't really like the over 2.5.  The way the over happens is if Mendes can repeatedly take him down and hump him.

But the last time a similar fight like this happened was UFC 185 with Pettis (who was McGregor before McGregor - "the most dynamic striker in MMA today!", the Wheaties box!) who was taken down 9 times and humped by RDA (+400) for five rounds.  That was always Pettis' problem (see Guida fight).  McGregor hasn't ever fought a wrestler which is just bizarre so it's impossible to know how much a problem a wrestler is to him and Mendes is an excellent wrestler.

Unless you're making a straight bet on McGregor to win (that train may have already left the station as he's now at -180) I would just wait till the weigh-in to see what they look like.  I think Mendes is going to have opened at -160 and is going to close after the weigh-in at +200.

Also if McGregor loses I would hope they put him against Pettis who pulled out of UFC on Fox 16.  That would be a crazy matchup of great strikers.